Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Collection relates primarily to Albert F. Murray's career and includes information about his early years working on radio-controlled torpedoes and later his work with the development of television. The material related to television is one of the stronger portions of the collection and includes many photographs, patents, schematics, a chronological history of RCA-Victor, and numerous journal and newspaper articles.
The C. Darwin Stolzenbach papers consists of correspondence and memoranda, bound and unbound reports, original and photocopied news clippings, documents related to civil action suits pertaining to highway legislation, excerpts from law review magazines, press releases, copies of speeches, minutes and agendas of meetings, original and photocopied Congressional and other legislation, photographs, and maps.
The Foggy Bottom Collection is an outgrowth of the 1996 exhibit the Foggy Bottom Association and the Gelman Library sponsored called "Fantastic Foggy Bottom: The Growth of a Community." Materials in this collection include articles, building surveys, newspapers, books, photographs, slides, and artifacts. They range in date from 1907-98.
This collection contains newspaper clippings, newsletters, photographs, maps, guide books, certificates, color slides, reports, pins, membership cards, and other memorabilia. The material dates from 1927-1997, but the bulk of the material dates from 1951-1974. The material was collected by Orville Wright Crowder and relates to his tour and preservation work on the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal. Much of the materials consist of maps of Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Ohio.
Collection contains correspondence, photographs, newsletters, maps, meeting minutes, reports, and surveys. This material convers the years 1954-94 and documents the activities of the C & O Canal Association and relate specifically to the C & O Canal.
Collection contains materials related to Thomas Hahn's involvement in the C&O Canal Association, as well as other canals related to the C&O, and canals in general. A large part of the collection consists of photographic negatives, slides and prints of the C&O Canal. Most of these photographs, negatives, and slides relate to illustrations in publications that he authored or co-authored. Other items include reference material for his books, correspondence, and maps.
This collection include photos, diplomas, invitations, newspapers, early land holdings, 19th century newspaper accounts of the early college, Civil War records, and memorabilia.
- Maps 9
- Washington (D.C.) 8
- Chesapeake and Ohio Canal (Md. and Washington, D.C.) 3
- Videotapes 3
- Audiotapes 2
- Canals 2
- Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historical Park 2
- Color slides 2
- Events 2
- Foggy Bottom (Washington, D.C.) 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Alexandria (Va.) 1
- Audiocassettes 1
- Baltimore (Md.) 1
- Banks and banking -- United States 1
- Banks and banking -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Barney Circle (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Black-and-white slides 1
- Building construction 1 + ∧ less
- Chesapeake & Ohio Canal Association 3
- George Washington University--History 2
- Anacostia Bank (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Anderson, G. David 1
- Bloedorn, W. A. (Walter Andrew) 1
- Borden, William Cline 1
- Capitol Hill Restoration Society 1
- Carroll, Thomas Henry 1
- Central National Bank (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Central Savings Bank/Hamilton Savings Bank 1
- Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historical Park (Agency : U.S.) 1
- Colclough, Oswald S. 1
- Columbian College in the District of Columbia 1
- Columbian University 1
- Combrinck, Laetitia 1
- Corcoran & Riggs 1
- Corcoran, W. W. (William Wilson) 1
- Cronkite, Walter 1
- Crowder, Orville W. 1
- Donnelly, Ralph 1 + ∧ less