To request boxes, please submit the collection, series, and box number(s) via our Contact form.
Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 16
Overview The mission of the American Association of University Professors (AAUP) " . . . is to advance academic freedom and shared governance; to define fundamental professional values and standards for higher education; to promote the economic security of faculty, academic professionals, graduate students, post‐doctoral fellows, and all those engaged in teaching and research in higher education; to help the higher education community organize to make our goals a reality; and to ensure higher...
Abstract Collection contains manuscript and typescript poems, journal fragments, lecture notes, and writings by Courtland Baker, in addition to correspondence to Catherine Cate Coblentz regarding the publishing of The Sheering Precipice, a collection of Baker's poems brought together after his death.
Dates: 192-? - 194-?
Overview George Steiner was a violinist, conductor, administrator, teacher, and founder of the George Washington University’s music department. The collection dates from 1955 to 1994, with the bulk of the material dating between 1960 and 1985. It includes programs, program notes, clippings, lecture and teaching files, correspondence, music manuscript, minutes, surveys, press releases, and television scripts. Subjects include the George Washington University Music Department, the Alexandria Symphony...
Dates: 1955-1994; Majority of material found within 1960 - 1985
Abstract Materials in this collection include photographs, theses, articles, student records, grades, handbooks, annual reports, correspondence, notes, and evaluations. The material dates from 1905-2001. Subjects of this material include Students for Democratic Society, student protests, Brookland Neighborhood Project (1966-79) student records, grades from the 1930s to the 1960s, Phi Eta Sigma, Faculty assembly, faculty handbooks, departmental evaluations from 1932 through 1994. There are images from...
Abstract Collection documents the professional dance career of Jan Van Dyke, including performance files, correspondence, photographs, articles, audio-visual material, and publicity materials from the late 1960s to the 2000s.
Abstract This collection contains documents from Kwame Alexander and his two publishing companies - BlackWords Press and Alexander Publishing Group. The collection ranges in dates from 1990 until 2007.
Scope and Contents Subseries contains materials created by the Office of Convention and Conference Management (later Conferences and Facilities Management). The files include materials detailing the planning and management of the annual conventions, memoranda, hotel and convention center information, meeting arrangements, convention delegate packets, reports on conventions, and news coverage of later annual meetings.These records provide excellent insight into the management of hosting conventions and...
Dates: Bulk, 1970-1996 1857-1998
Scope and Contents Collections contains the moving image and audio recordings produced or held by the National Education Association. The collection contains three series reflecting the recording's purpose. The three series are:
Conventions; Educational Material; and Promotional Material.
Conventions; Educational Material; and Promotional Material.
Dates: 1938-2011, bulk 1952-2011; Majority of material found within 1952 - 2011
Scope and Contents The collection consists of photographs created by or for the National Education Association in the course of its work. The series are divided up according to either the purpose the photograph was intended for, the publishing department or the people/places in the photographs.There are eight series in the collection, the Congressional Contact Teams Photographs, Conventions Photographs, Division and Departments Photographs, Government Relations Photographs, Miscellaneous Photographs,...
Dates: 1857-2011; Majority of material found within 1920 - 2011
Scope and Contents This collection documents the commissions of the NEA. The collection contains nine series reflecting the bodies and their records. The nine series are: the Commission on Coordination of Research Agencies, Commission on Professional Rights and Responsibilities, Educational Policies Commission, Joint Commission on the Emergency in Education, National Citizens Commission for Public Schools, National Commission for the Defense of Democracy, National Commission on Teacher Education and Professional...
- Teachers 13
- Labor unions -- United States -- History -- 20th century 11
- Labor unions 10
- Education -- United States -- History 9
- Professional Associations 7
- Professional Employees 7
- Teachers' assistants 7
- Washington (D.C.) 4
- Education--Research 3
- Educational law and legislation 3
- Education, Higher -- United States 2
- Photographs 2
- Public interest lobbying 2
- Academic freedom 1
- Audiocassettes 1
- Audiovisual material 1
- Baltimore (Md.) 1
- Brookland (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Choreographers 1
- College teachers 1
- College teachers -- tenure 1
- Conductors (Music) -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Dancers 1
- Dissertations, Academic 1
- Education -- Finance 1
- Education, Rural 1
- Elementary school principals 1
- English 1
- Freedom of speech -- United States 1
- Industrial Arts 1
- Music -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Music teachers -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Music--Instruction and study 1
- Musicians 1
- Musicians -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- New York (N.Y.) 1
- Performances 1
- Plays (document genre) 1
- Poetry 1
- Publications 1
- Publicity 1
- Radio 1
- School Integration 1
- Student evaluation of teachers 1
- Student movements 1
- Student records 1
- Students for a Democratic Society (U.S.) 1
- Television 1
- Videocassettes 1 ∧ less
- National Education Association of the United States 10
- George Washington University 3
- Alexander Publishing (Firm) 1
- Alexander, Kwame 1
- Alexandria Symphony Orchestra 1
- American Association of University Professors 1
- Baker, Courtland Darke 1
- Black Words Press 1
- Colorado Education Association 1
- Friday Morning Music Club (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Gamble, John 1
- George Washington University--Alumni and alumnae 1
- George Washington University. Dept. of History 1
- George Washington University. Dept. of Music 1
- George Washington University. Mount Vernon Campus 1
- Hughes, Langston 1
- Hurston/Wright Foundation 1
- Idaho Education Association 1
- Maryland State Teachers' Association 1
- Michigan Education Association 1
- Music Teachers National Association 1
- National Association of Schools of Music 1
- New Jersey Education Association 1
- Ohio Education Association 1
- Steiner, George 1
- Van Dyke, Jan 1
- Wisconsin Education Association Council 1
- World Confederation of Organizations of the Teaching Profession 1
- Wyoming Education Association 1 ∧ less