To request boxes, please submit the collection, series, and box number(s) via our Contact form.
Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract Collection contains manuscript and typescript poems, journal fragments, lecture notes, and writings by Courtland Baker, in addition to correspondence to Catherine Cate Coblentz regarding the publishing of The Sheering Precipice, a collection of Baker's poems brought together after his death.
Dates: 192-? - 194-?
Overview George Steiner was a violinist, conductor, administrator, teacher, and founder of the George Washington University’s music department. The collection dates from 1955 to 1994, with the bulk of the material dating between 1960 and 1985. It includes programs, program notes, clippings, lecture and teaching files, correspondence, music manuscript, minutes, surveys, press releases, and television scripts. Subjects include the George Washington University Music Department, the Alexandria Symphony...
Dates: 1955-1994; Majority of material found within 1960 - 1985
Abstract Materials in this collection include photographs, theses, articles, student records, grades, handbooks, annual reports, correspondence, notes, and evaluations. The material dates from 1905-2001. Subjects of this material include Students for Democratic Society, student protests, Brookland Neighborhood Project (1966-79) student records, grades from the 1930s to the 1960s, Phi Eta Sigma, Faculty assembly, faculty handbooks, departmental evaluations from 1932 through 1994. There are images from...
Abstract Collection documents the professional dance career of Jan Van Dyke, including performance files, correspondence, photographs, articles, audio-visual material, and publicity materials from the late 1960s to the 2000s.
Abstract This collection contains documents from Kwame Alexander and his two publishing companies - BlackWords Press and Alexander Publishing Group. The collection ranges in dates from 1990 until 2007.
- Washington (D.C.) 4
- Teachers 3
- Photographs 2
- Audiovisual material 1
- Baltimore (Md.) 1
- Brookland (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Choreographers 1
- Conductors (Music) -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Dancers 1
- Dissertations, Academic 1
- English 1
- Music -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Music teachers -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Musicians 1
- Musicians -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- New York (N.Y.) 1
- Performances 1
- Plays (document genre) 1
- Poetry 1
- Publications 1
- Publicity 1
- Radio 1
- Student evaluation of teachers 1
- Student movements 1
- Student records 1
- Students for a Democratic Society (U.S.) 1
- Television 1
- Videocassettes 1 ∧ less
- George Washington University 3
- Alexander Publishing (Firm) 1
- Alexander, Kwame 1
- Alexandria Symphony Orchestra 1
- Baker, Courtland Darke 1
- Black Words Press 1
- Friday Morning Music Club (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Gamble, John 1
- George Washington University--Alumni and alumnae 1
- George Washington University. Dept. of History 1
- George Washington University. Dept. of Music 1
- George Washington University. Mount Vernon Campus 1
- Hughes, Langston 1
- Hurston/Wright Foundation 1
- Music Teachers National Association 1
- National Association of Schools of Music 1
- Steiner, George 1
- Van Dyke, Jan 1 ∧ less