To request boxes, please submit the collection, series, and box number(s) via our Contact form.
Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Overview The Hon. Clifford B. “Cliff” Stearns is a GWU alumnus and Air Force veteran who represented Florida’s 6th district in Congress for almost a quarter century. A self-styled “Citizen Congressman,” he strongly advocated for financial restraint and conservative values. This proved to be a powerful message that resonated with voters during the 1990’s when the GOP reclaimed the majority in the House of Representatives. While his committee work lies at the core of this collection, the papers contain a...
Abstract Collection includes video tapes of First Ladies Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton for "President's spouse," seminars and program guides, continuing education for women, pamphlets, syllabi, reports, manuals, biographical files, photographs and continuing education for telecommunications.
Abstract This collection focuses on documenting the negotiating history behind the formation and governance of INTELSAT, the International Telecommunications Satellite Organization. Included are documents used in actual meetings, conferences, and working groups, correspondence both internal and external, drafts of various governing documents, technical reports, and position papers of the various countries involved, and finally the official intergovernmental agreements. Also included are vertical files...
Dates: 1967-1998; Majority of material found within 1968 - 1971
Abstract Collection contains correspondence, meeting minutes, speeches and addresses, calendars, legal documents, personnel files, exhibits, financial records, programs, brochures, photographs, and reports dating from 1957-1989 generated by Joseph Vincent Charyk during his time working for Communications Satellite Corporation (COMSAT).
Overview This collection was donated by Peter H. Sera in 1990 and contains material pertaining to telecommunications and satellite broadcasting from 1964-1989.
- Subject: Telecommunication X
- Telecommunication 4
- Artificial satellites in telecommunication 3
- International Communications Satellite Organization 2
- International Maritime Satellite Organization 2
- Photographs 2
- Washington (D.C.) 2
- Alumni & alumnae 1
- Banks and banking -- United States 1
- Education 1
- Electrical engineers 1
- Florida 1
- George Washington University -- Students 1
- Health policy 1
- Military 1
- Nursing homes 1
- Politicians 1
- Presidents Inauguration 1
- Presidents' spouses 1
- Pro-choice movement 1
- Public health 1
- Public policy 1
- Radio broadcasting -- United States 1
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) -- 1960-1970. 1
- Retirement 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Speeches 1
- United States Capitol (Washington, D.C.) 1
- United States. Congress 1
- Veterans 1
- Videocassettes 1
- Vietnam war 1
- Washington (D.C.) Politics and government 1
- Women 1 ∧ less
- Communications Satellite Corporation 2
- International Telecommunications Satellite Consortium 2
- COMSAT Corporation 1
- Charyk, Joseph Vincent 1
- George Washington University 1