Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
C. Darwin Stolzenbach papers
The C. Darwin Stolzenbach papers consists of correspondence and memoranda, bound and unbound reports, original and photocopied news clippings, documents related to civil action suits pertaining to highway legislation, excerpts from law review magazines, press releases, copies of speeches, minutes and agendas of meetings, original and photocopied Congressional and other legislation, photographs, and maps.
Cody Pfanstiehl papers
Collection consists primarily of photocopied multiple-page letter-size documents. The bulk of the collection is memoranda and typewritten notes. These memoranda come from different departments within WMATA and some from outside sources, so both the style and format vary. The collection also has bound reports, oversize magazines and maps, oversize timeline projections, and original newspaper.
Committee of 100 on the Federal City (Fonds containing MS2017 and MS2131)
John Nolen, Jr. papers
Peter S. Craig papers
Richard Bolt collection of Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority reports
This collection contains WMATA safety reports from the mid-1980s and were donated by Richard Bolt who was a safety engineer.
Tri-State Commission and Washington Metropolitan Transportation Authority (METRO) records
The material in this collection relate to the Tri-State Commission and Metro. The donor, Jerome M. Alper was a lawyer who helped draft the interstate compact that created the regional rapid rail system.
Walter Tobriner papers
Washington Metro Oral History Project collection
This collection consists of oral history interviews conducted by Dr. Zachary Schrag. These oral histories relate to the history of the Washington Metro.
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority: Metro History Project Collection
Collection contains correspondence, clippings, transcripts of speeches and Congressional hearings, bound volumes, cassette tapes, and maps that document the history of the development of rapid transit facilities for the Washington metropolitan area. The records date from 1930 to 1984.
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority metrorail specifications
The WMATA Metrorail Specifications collection is comprised primarly of technical specifications and contracts related to the construction of Metrorail. The collection consists of unbound letter-size documents, bound letter-size reports and specifications, oversize reports and specifications, and blueprints.
- Transportation 9
- Washington (D.C.) 8
- Transportation -- Washington Metropolitan Area 5
- Subways 4
- Transportation maps 4
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority 4
- Housing 3
- Local transit 3
- City planning 2
- Express highways 2
- Roads 2
- Urban transportation 2
- Washington Metropolitan Area 2
- Zoning 2
- Automobile parking 1
- Bridges 1
- Buildings 1
- City planning -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- City traffic 1
- Civil rights 1 + ∧ less
- Committee of 100 on the Federal City (Washington, D.C.) 3
- National Capital Transportation Agency (U.S.) 3
- Craig, Peter Stebbins 2
- Nolen, John 2
- Pfanstiehl, Cody 2
- Stolzenbach, C. Darwin 2
- United States. National Capital Planning Commission 2
- Alley Dwelling Authority (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Alper, Jerome M. 1
- American City Planning Institute 1
- American Institute of Planners 1
- American Planning and Civic Association 1
- American Society of Civil Engineers 1
- Bolt, Richard Barkwill,, 1939- 1
- Delano, Frederic Adrian 1
- Grant, U. S. (Ulysses S.), 1881-1968 1
- Green, Constance McLaughlin 1
- Institute for the Study of Transportation 1
- McGrath, Dorn Charles 1 + ∧ less