Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
The C. Darwin Stolzenbach papers consists of correspondence and memoranda, bound and unbound reports, original and photocopied news clippings, documents related to civil action suits pertaining to highway legislation, excerpts from law review magazines, press releases, copies of speeches, minutes and agendas of meetings, original and photocopied Congressional and other legislation, photographs, and maps.
Collection consists primarily of photocopied multiple-page letter-size documents. The bulk of the collection is memoranda and typewritten notes. These memoranda come from different departments within WMATA and some from outside sources, so both the style and format vary. The collection also has bound reports, oversize magazines and maps, oversize timeline projections, and original newspaper.
This collection contains WMATA safety reports from the mid-1980s and were donated by Richard Bolt who was a safety engineer.
The material in this collection relate to the Tri-State Commission and Metro. The donor, Jerome M. Alper was a lawyer who helped draft the interstate compact that created the regional rapid rail system.
This collection consists of oral history interviews conducted by Dr. Zachary Schrag. These oral histories relate to the history of the Washington Metro.
Collection contains correspondence, clippings, transcripts of speeches and Congressional hearings, bound volumes, cassette tapes, and maps that document the history of the development of rapid transit facilities for the Washington metropolitan area. The records date from 1930 to 1984.
The WMATA Metrorail Specifications collection is comprised primarly of technical specifications and contracts related to the construction of Metrorail. The collection consists of unbound letter-size documents, bound letter-size reports and specifications, oversize reports and specifications, and blueprints.
- Transportation 7
- Washington (D.C.) 6
- Transportation -- Washington Metropolitan Area 5
- Transportation maps 4
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority 4
- Local transit 3
- Subways 3
- City planning 2
- Roads 2
- Washington Metropolitan Area 2
- Bridges 1
- Buildings 1
- City planning -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Express highways 1
- Federal Triangle (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Height restrictions 1
- Housing 1
- Local transit -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Photographs 1
- Shaw (Washington, D.C.) 1 ∧ less
- National Capital Transportation Agency (U.S.) 3
- Committee of 100 on the Federal City (Washington, D.C.) 2
- Nolen, John 2
- Pfanstiehl, Cody 2
- Stolzenbach, C. Darwin 2
- Alley Dwelling Authority (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Alper, Jerome M. 1
- American City Planning Institute 1
- American Institute of Planners 1
- American Society of Civil Engineers 1
- Bolt, Richard Barkwill,, 1939- 1
- Craig, Peter Stebbins 1
- Delano, Frederic Adrian 1
- Grant, U. S. (Ulysses S.), 1881-1968 1
- Green, Constance McLaughlin 1
- Institute for the Study of Transportation 1
- McGrath, Dorn Charles 1
- Metro 2001, Inc 1
- National Research Council (U.S.). Highway Research Board 1 ∧ less