To request boxes, please submit the collection, series, and box number(s) via our Contact form.
Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract The C. Darwin Stolzenbach papers consists of correspondence and memoranda, bound and unbound reports, original and photocopied news clippings, documents related to civil action suits pertaining to highway legislation, excerpts from law review magazines, press releases, copies of speeches, minutes and agendas of meetings, original and photocopied Congressional and other legislation, photographs, and maps.
Overview This collection contains reports, transit studies, meeting agendas, marketing material, maps, memos, tour information, correspondence, photographs and construction drawings related to the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority. The material dates between 1965-1985. This material about WMATA relates specifically to research about other metropolitan transit systems and the early construction of the Metrorail system.
Abstract Collection consists primarily of photocopied multiple-page letter-size documents. The bulk of the collection is memoranda and typewritten notes. These memoranda come from different departments within WMATA and some from outside sources, so both the style and format vary. The collection also has bound reports, oversize magazines and maps, oversize timeline projections, and original newspaper.
Abstract Collection contains correspondence, reports, minutes, publications, newspaper articles, memorandum, bank statements, financial records, maps, and blueprints. The material dates from 1932-2003 with the bulk of the material falling within the dates 1950-87. The majority of the documents focus on city planning and transportation issues. These detail the various highway and rapid transit projects facing the district, as well as looking at zoning regulations and legal procedures and the debates and...
Dates: 1932-1995; Majority of material found within Circa 1970 - Circa 1999
Abstract Collection contains correspondence, clippings, transcripts of speeches and Congressional hearings, bound volumes, cassette tapes, and maps that document the history of the development of rapid transit facilities for the Washington metropolitan area. The records date from 1930 to 1984.
- Washington (D.C.) 4
- Transportation 3
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority 3
- Local transit 2
- Transportation -- Washington Metropolitan Area 2
- Washington Metropolitan Area 2
- Buildings 1
- City planning 1
- Federal Triangle (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Height restrictions 1
- Photographs 1
- Roads 1
- Shaw (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Speeches 1
- Subways 1
- Three Sisters Bridge (proposed) 1
- United States. Congress 1
- Washington (D.C.) -- History 1
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Regulation Compact 1
- Zoning 1 ∧ less
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority 4
- National Capital Transportation Agency (U.S.) 2
- Committee of 100 on the Federal City (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Craig, Peter Stebbins 1
- Delano, Frederic Adrian 1
- Grant, U. S. (Ulysses S.), 1881-1968 1
- Green, Constance McLaughlin 1
- Institute for the Study of Transportation 1
- Kuning, Charles R. 1
- McGrath, Dorn Charles 1
- Metro 2001, Inc 1
- Nolen, John 1
- Pennsylvania Avenue Development Corporation 1
- Pfanstiehl, Cody 1
- Shackleton, Polly 1
- Stolzenbach, C. Darwin 1
- United States. Post Office Dept.--Buildings--Washington (D.C.) 1 ∧ less