To request boxes, please submit the collection, series, and box number(s) via our Contact form.
Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract The C. Darwin Stolzenbach papers consists of correspondence and memoranda, bound and unbound reports, original and photocopied news clippings, documents related to civil action suits pertaining to highway legislation, excerpts from law review magazines, press releases, copies of speeches, minutes and agendas of meetings, original and photocopied Congressional and other legislation, photographs, and maps.
Abstract This collection contains correspondence, speeches, clippings, videos, and slides. This material dates from 1969-89 with the bulk falling between 1968-1973. The slides document mass transit operations throughout the world including Tokyo, Singapore, Toronto, Montreal, and Hong Kong. Most of the correspondence and memos are those Carter sent and is primarily business related although there are personal letters. The collection also contains files related to Urban Systems that were probably...
Abstract Collection contains correspondence, reports, minutes, publications, newspaper articles, memorandum, bank statements, financial records, maps, and blueprints. The material dates from 1932-2003 with the bulk of the material falling within the dates 1950-87. The majority of the documents focus on city planning and transportation issues. These detail the various highway and rapid transit projects facing the district, as well as looking at zoning regulations and legal procedures and the debates and...
Dates: 1932-1995; Majority of material found within Circa 1970 - Circa 1999
Overview The Patricia Miller Washington Metropolitican Area Transit Authority collection largely consists of photographs and maps documenting the the construction of the Metrorail system between the years of 1950 and 2000. The collection also includes WMATA publications, including flyers and newsletters, that provide updates on the progress of the construction of the Metrorail system.
Dates: 1950 - 2000
Abstract The WMATA Metrorail Specifications collection is comprised primarly of technical specifications and contracts related to the construction of Metrorail. The collection consists of unbound letter-size documents, bound letter-size reports and specifications, oversize reports and specifications, and blueprints.
- Transportation 4
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority 4
- Local transit 3
- Washington (D.C.) 3
- Local transit -- Washington (D.C.) 2
- Roads 2
- Subways 2
- Transportation maps 2
- Black-and-white slides 1
- Bridges 1
- Buildings 1
- City planning 1
- Color slides 1
- Express highways 1
- Federal Triangle (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Height restrictions 1
- Photographs 1
- Shaw (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Three Sisters Bridge (proposed) 1
- Transportation -- Washington Metropolitan Area 1
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Regulation Compact 1
- Zoning 1 ∧ less
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority 3
- National Capital Transportation Agency (U.S.) 2
- Carter, Charles Carroll 1
- Committee of 100 on the Federal City (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Craig, Peter Stebbins 1
- Delano, Frederic Adrian 1
- Grant, U. S. (Ulysses S.), 1881-1968 1
- Green, Constance McLaughlin 1
- Institute for the Study of Transportation 1
- McGrath, Dorn Charles 1
- Miller, Patricia Ann 1
- Nolen, John 1
- Pennsylvania Avenue Development Corporation 1
- Shackleton, Polly 1
- Stolzenbach, C. Darwin 1
- United States. Post Office Dept.--Buildings--Washington (D.C.) 1 ∧ less