Showing Collections: 151 - 159 of 159
William A. Moore Collection - Papers, Local 696
The collection consists of files assembled by William Moore during the course of his long association with Teamsters Local 696, Topeka, Kansas. They pertain largely to Teamsters national and international elections, Teamsters conventions, labor law, and legal matters.
William H. Tanaka papers
William H.Tanaka graduated from The George Washington Univeristy Law School (J.D., 1953) and his papers relate to U.S.-Japan trade relations. This collection is not processed to any level and may not be available for research. Please contact University Archives for more information.
William R. Perl papers
The William R. Perl Papers document the education, professional career and social activism of William R. Perl (1906-1998).
Willis "Tiny" Brown Papers
Willis "Tiny" Brown was a Teamster truck driver from Peoria, Illinois. He was a regular participant in A,mmerican Trucking Association "roadeos" which were competitions that tested driving skills. The collection consists mainly of programs for the compeitions and the banquets that were the culmination of the competitions.
Willy Arnheim's U.S. Capitol West Front collection [reprocessing underway]
Collection contains reports, photographs, slides, correspondence, and clippings related to the restoration of the West Front of the United States Capitol. The material dates from 1962 to 1985. The reports, images, and correspondence deal with the technical issues involved in the restoration, whereas the clippings are mainly concerned with the political debates surrounding the proposed expansion and restoration of the building.
Witness to a Possibility (WTAP): Black Theater Movement in Washington, DC
Wood Gray papers
Collection include materials related Wood Gray's time at GW as professor of History, and includes annual reports, correspondence, committee reports, reading lists, syllabi, grades, exams. They range in date from 1934-72.
World's Columbian Exposition ticket collection
This collection contains ten tickets from the World's Columbian Exposition Chicago 1893. There are also two pieces of United States fractional currency and an envelope from the Caxton Co. that may have held the tickets. The fractional currency is dated circa 1864-circa 1875 while all the tickets are for the year 1893.
WRGW is the student-run radio station of George Washington University. This collection is a single box of material from the WRGW radio station at GWU. It includes 75th Anniversary material, newspaper clippings, WRGW operating procedures, evaluations of student audtions for DJ, and four reel to reel audio tapes. The materials range in date from 1965-2005.
- Labor unions -- United States -- History -- 20th century 69
- Labor unions 61
- Labor 41
- Washington (D.C.) 37
- Photographs 25
- United States 17
- Labor and laboring classes 15
- Education -- United States -- History 13
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 12
- Teachers 10
- Scrapbooks 9
- Conferences 8
- Education, Higher -- United States 8
- Professional Associations 8
- Professional Employees 8
- United States -- District of Columbia -- Washington 8
- United States. Congress 8
- World War, 1939-1945 8
- Teachers' assistants 7
- Color slides 6 + ∧ less
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Chauffeurs, Warehousemen, and Helpers of America 41
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters 21
- George Washington University 15
- National Education Association of the United States 10
- George Washington University--Alumni and alumnae 9
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Chauffeurs, Warehousemen, and Helpers of America. 6
- George Washington University--History 5
- Corcoran, W. W. (William Wilson) 4
- American Association of University Professors 3
- Marvin, Cloyd Heck 3
- Mount Vernon Seminary 3
- Riggs, George Washington 3
- American Federation of Labor 2
- Beck, Dave, 1894-1993 (1894-1993) 2
- Blodget, Samuel 2
- Carroll, Thomas Henry 2
- Collier, William Miller 2
- Columbia University 2
- Columbian College in the District of Columbia 2
- Columbian University 2 + ∧ less