To request boxes, please submit the collection, series, and box number(s) via our Contact form.
Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Overview This collection contains correspondence, publications, photographs, genealogical documents and miscellaneous souvenirs from the collection of Charles Melville Pepper. The bulk of the material pertains to his travels and research in Latin America. The material dates between 1800-1945.
Abstract Jack Northman Anderson (1922-2005) was an investigative journalist, author, television personality, and for over 50 years the columnist behind the syndicated political column "Washington Merry-Go-Round." Cultivating sources who provided him with exclusive access to classified information, Anderson became the longest-running political columnist in America, appearing at one point in more than 1,000 American newspapers and claiming 40 million readers. He received the Pulitzer Prize for national...
Dates: 1930-2004; Majority of material found within 1969 - 2004
Overview This collection contains handwritten commentaries, typed commentary, published articles from multiple newspapers and personal documents from the career of Mark Plotkin. Plotkin was most well known for his career as a political commentator and analyst primarily on the radio and on TV. These appearances were local and international (CBC-Canadian Broadcasting Company and CTV-Canadian Television Commentary). Plotkin was the political analyst for WAMU, an NPR affiliate, from 1982-2002. After leaving...
Abstract This collection contains transcripts of radio and television broadcasts, personal notes, correspondence, reporters notebooks, and clippings pertaining to the work of Richard C. Hottelet from 1947-2004.
Overview This collection contains biographical materials, correspondence, articles and photographs related to the life of Louis R. Stockstill especially concerning his work as a journalist. The majority of the collection is correspondence to and from Mary Allen Fairfax (nee Cook). Much of this Fairfax family correspondence has been transcribed. The majority of the correspondence reveal Mary Fairfax's activity and thoughts as a Southern sympthizer during the Civil War. The collection as whole covers the...
Dates: 1823-2004; Majority of material found within 1861-1969
- Washington (D.C.) 3
- Radio broadcasting -- United States 2
- United States--Politics and government 2
- World War, 1939-1945 2
- Campaign funds 1
- City council members -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Correspondence 1
- Europe 1
- Federal government 1
- Fiscal policy 1
- Governors--United States 1
- Home rule 1
- International American Conference (2nd : 1901-1902 : Mexico City, Mexico) 1
- Judicial power 1
- Latin America - Description and Travel 1
- Legislators--United States 1
- Maryland--Politics and government 1
- Mayors--United States 1
- Neighborhoods 1
- Patagonia (Argentina and Chile) 1
- Political activists 1
- Political campaigns 1
- Political conventions 1
- Politicians 1
- Politics and culture -- United States -- 20th century 1
- Politics and government 1
- Radio 1
- Schools -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Statehood (American politics) -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- United States -- District of Columbia -- Washington 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States. Congress 1
- United States. Congress. House--District of Columbia voting rights 1
- Virginia--Politics and government 1
- Washington (D.C.) Politics and government 1 ∧ less
- Anderson, Jack 1
- Charles Melville Pepper, 1859-1930 1
- Fairfax, Mary Allen Cook 1
- Hottelet, Richard C. 1
- Lee, Janet L. 1