To request boxes, please submit the collection, series, and box number(s) via our Contact form.
Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract This collection contains papers documenting the civic and professional activities of the late Grosvenor Chapman including those as a member of the Committee of 100 on the Federal City and as a local architect. The records date from 1931-1994 with the bulk falling between 1957-1984.
Overview This collection contains photographs, slides, film and a small number of paper records with materials such as press releases, public hearings, planning records, newspaper articles, and memoranda related to the construction of Metro. These records were produced by Larry Levine while employed by WMATA as a staff photographer. These materials cover the years 1944-2003. Additional materials were added to Series 1 that include publications about the Metro, produced by both WMATA and outside sources,...
- Architecture 1
- Architecture -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Building construction 1
- City planning -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Georgetown (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Georgetown Waterfront (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Interstate 66 (Va. and Washington, D.C.) 1
- Urban renewal 1
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Regulation Compact 1
- Whitehurst Freeway (Washington, D.C.) 1 ∧ less
- Chapman, Grosvenor 1
- Committee of 100 on the Federal City (Washington, D.C.) 1
- United States. National Capital Planning Commission 1