Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract George Steiner was a violinist, conductor, administrator, teacher, and founder of the George Washington University’s music department. The collection dates from 1955 to 1994, with the bulk of the material dating between 1960 and 1985. It includes programs, program notes, clippings, lecture and teaching files, correspondence, music manuscript, minutes, surveys, press releases, and television scripts. Subjects include the George Washington University Music Department, the Alexandria Symphony...
Dates: 1955-1994; Majority of material found within 1960 - 1985
Abstract This collection consists of approximately 1,300 CDs representing the work of musicians local to the Washington Area, including Maryland and Northern Virginia. Additionally, the collection holds financial records, marketing material, recordings, photographs, meeting minutes, fundraising records, production records, correspondence, articles, memos, meeting minutes, press releases, early organizational records, and other official papers that document the work of the Washington Area Music...
Dates: 1984-2016; Majority of material found within 1994 - 2001
- Conductors (Music) -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Music 1
- Music teachers -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Alexandria Symphony Orchestra 1
- Friday Morning Music Club (Washington, D.C.) 1
- George Washington University. Dept. of Music 1
- George Washington University. Mount Vernon Campus 1
- Music Teachers National Association 1