To request boxes, please submit the collection, series, and box number(s) via our Contact form.
Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview The mission of the American Association of University Professors (AAUP) " . . . is to advance academic freedom and shared governance; to define fundamental professional values and standards for higher education; to promote the economic security of faculty, academic professionals, graduate students, post‐doctoral fellows, and all those engaged in teaching and research in higher education; to help the higher education community organize to make our goals a reality; and to ensure higher...
Abstract Elmer Louis Kayser (1896-1985) came to The George Washington University as a student in 1914 and stayed until his death 1985. He was an institution unto himself, and author of two books chronicling the history of GW: Bricks Without Straw: The Evolution of George Washington University (1970) and A Medical Center The Institutional Development of Medical Education in George Washington University (1973). He also wrote The Grand Social Enterprise; A Study of Jeremy Bentham in his Relation to Liberal...
Abstract The Faculty Senate of The George Washington University was formed in 1961. Materials in this collection include meeting minutes, agendas, photographs, memos, reports, and activites files.
Abstract Collection include materials related Wood Gray's time at GW as professor of History, and includes annual reports, correspondence, committee reports, reading lists, syllabi, grades, exams. They range in date from 1934-72.
- Names: American Association of University Professors X
- Photographs 3
- Washington (D.C.) 3
- Academic freedom 1
- Audiocassettes 1
- College teachers 1
- College teachers -- tenure 1
- Commencement ceremonies -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Courses and lectures 1
- Education 1
- Education, Higher -- United States 1
- Employees 1
- Examinations 1
- Foggy Bottom (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Freedom of speech -- United States 1
- Greek letter societies 1
- Labor unions -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Phi Beta Kappa 1
- Policies and institutions 1
- Reports and dissertations 1
- Speeches 1
- United States 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1 ∧ less
- George Washington University 2
- American Historical Association 1
- Collier, William Miller 1
- George Washington University--Alumni and alumnae 1
- George Washington University--History 1