To request boxes, please submit the collection, series, and box number(s) via our Contact form.
Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Collection — Multiple Containers
Abstract Frederick Albert Gutheim (1908-1993) was a city planner, urban historian and architectural critic, and professor at The George Washington University from 1971-79, and director of the University's graduate program in historic preservation from 1976-1979. Collection include correspondence, papers, publications, exams, syllabi, lecture notes, newsletters, and news clippings ranging from 1952-1980.
Abstract The collection include manuscript drafts and proofs, research notes, clippings, photographs, prints, correspondence, awards, lecture notes, personal papers, professional papers, and reports. They range in date from circa 1860 to 2017, but the bulk of the material dates from 1950 to 2011. The material relates to James Goode's graduate studies, his 2009 book on Washington sculptures, his collection of American self-portraits, his personal and professional life, and other research interests.
Dates: circa 1860-2018; Majority of material found within 1950 - 2018
Overview Mount Vernon Seminary and College was an all-women's high school and junior college founded in 1875 by Elizabeth J. Somers. The George Washington University initially affiliated with Mount Vernon College, and ultimately acquired the college's property and legacy in 1999. This collection contains the records of the Mount Vernon College Chapel. The artifacts and records date from 1931 to 1980, with the bulk of the material dating between 1963 and 1971.
Dates: 1931-1980; Majority of material found within 1963 - 1971
Mount Vernon Seminary and College collection of biographical materials and correspondence with Marjorie Merriweather Post
Overview Marjorie Merriweather Post, Founder of the General Foods Corporation, was the First Alumna Trustee of Mount Vernon Seminary and College. She gave untiringly to Mount Vernon Seminary and College, and maintained a lifelong relationship with the school that kept her in constant communication with George Lloyd and later Peter Pelham, Presidents of Mount Vernon Seminary and College. This collection contains correspondence, photographs, newspaper articles, invitations, speeches and memorabilia,...
Dates: 1901-1999; Majority of material found within 1937 - 1973
Overview This collection contains architectural drawings (both oversize and letter file size), photographs, negatives and reports. The firm began in 1984, but the records date from 1981-2007. These records document the work this firm undertook in historic preservation Washington DC Metropolitan area.
Abstract This is an artificial collection created by Special Collections and is composed of publications produced by Washington area organizations.
Overview This collection contains photographs, slides, film and a small number of paper records with materials such as press releases, public hearings, planning records, newspaper articles, and memoranda related to the construction of Metro. These records were produced by Larry Levine while employed by WMATA as a staff photographer. These materials cover the years 1944-2003. Additional materials were added to Series 1 that include publications about the Metro, produced by both WMATA and outside sources,...
- Subject: Architecture -- Washington (D.C.) X
- Washington (D.C.) 4
- Photographs 2
- Transportation -- Washington Metropolitan Area 2
- American civilization 1
- Architects 1
- Architecture 1
- Biography 1
- Building construction 1
- Buildings -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Churches -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- City planning 1
- City planning -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Correspondence 1
- Economic conditions 1
- Education 1
- Education, Higher -- United States 1
- Exhibition buildings 1
- Exhibitions 1
- Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration 1
- Historic preservation 1
- Housing 1
- Jewish community centers 1
- Mount Vernon (Va.: Estate) 1
- Preservation and restoration 1
- Programs 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Urban transportation 1
- Urbanization 1
- Washington (D.C.) -- History 1
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Regulation Compact 1
- Women -- History 1 ∧ less
- George Washington University 2
- Mount Vernon College 2
- Mount Vernon Seminary 2
- D.C. Preservation League 1
- George Washington University--Alumni and alumnae 1
- George Washington University. Historic Preservation Program 1
- George Washington University. Mount Vernon Campus 1
- Goode, James M., 1939-2019 1
- Gutheim, Frederick Albert 1
- Jewish Community Center of Greater Washington 1
- Lloyd, George 1
- May, Herbert A. 1
- May, Herbert A. , Jr. 1
- Oehrlein & Associates 1
- Oehrlein, Mary L. 1
- Pelham, Peter 1
- Post, Marjorie Merriweather 1
- Smithsonian Institution 1
- Staubach Company 1
- Writer's Center (Bethesda, Md.) 1 ∧ less